NBRC Admission 2021:
Application process, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NBRC admission 2021- National Brain Research Centre is the only institute in India dedicated to Neuroscience Research and Education. Apart from research in Neurosciences, NBRC offers variety of research oriented courses at its campus in Manesar, Gurgaon/ Gurugram, Haryana. Scientists and students at NBRC come from diverse academic backgrounds, including biological, computational, mathematical, physical, engineering and medical sciences, and use multidisciplinary approaches to unravel secrets of the brain.
Location of NBRC, National Brain Research Centre– NBRC is Located in Manesar, Haryana.
NBRC is an autonomous institute funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and is also a Deemed-to-be University. NBRC has been recognised as an Institution of Excellence by Govt. of India.
Academic Programmes at NBRC:
- NBRC conducts cutting-edge research in diverse areas of the interdisciplinary field of neuroscience. NBRC offers various courses at its campus.
Important Dates for Admission in NBRC, Manesar, Gurgaon 2021
- NBRC Application (Online) start date: 15th January 2021
- Last date of receipt of application (Online / Offline) at NBRC: 31st March 2021
- Last date of receipt of requests for hard copy of application form: 01st March 2021
- Interview for the M.Sc. program: May 2021
- Interview for Ph.D. program: May 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by e-mail by April 2021.
If you are interested to apply for the admission to NBRC, click on the link given in the post for Admission in Ph.D. &M.Sc. National Brain Research Centre. Full information regarding application form has been released by NBRC, you can find the same information in this page. Click on the below link to register for admission in Ph.D. &M.Sc before the last dates.
NBRC offers Ph.D. (Neuroscience) program. This program is interdisciplinary in nature, students from diverse academic backgrounds are encouraged to join NBRC and excel in neuroscience research. Mostly Ph.D. students come from enormously different backgrounds such as Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering and Medical Sciences.
Coursework- Candidates go for one year of coursework to gain an all-round perspective of neuroscience, where candidate will learn from molecular to computational neuroscience and everything in -between.
Stipend- All admitted candidates to the PhD program will receive a Junior Research Fellowship of ₹ 31,000 per month + HRA (in lieu of hostel accommodation) for the first two years. After two years, candidate will be eligible for a Senior Research Fellowship of ₹ 35,000 per month + HRA (in lieu of hostel accommodation).
Admission criteria/ Eligibility for admission
- A candidate should meet following eligibility criteria for the admission to the PhD program at NBRC.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer applications / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science / Psychology from a recognized Institute / University.
- You are also eligible if you have completed a minimum of a four-year course leading to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering / Technology / Medicine from a recognized Institute / University.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- At least 55% (50% for SC / ST / PH candidates) marks or an equivalent grade or grade point average from secondary (10th) examination onwards is required.
- Candidates should calculate their percentage up to two decimal points to determine their eligibility.
Recognized National entrance examinations for Ph.D. At NBRC
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences 2021 (JGEEBILS 2021) (To be held in March, 2021).
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE- 2020/GATE-2021) in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering / Computer Science and Information Technology / Instrumentation Engineering. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) (2021) (for Physics). CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR examination for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Biology / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics. Validity of the fellowship should be such that it can be activated on 31st August, 2021 or later. UGC-NET Lectureship / JRF qualified on / after Dec 2018.
Based on their performance in any of the above qualifying examinations, candidates will be short-listed for interviews to be held at NBRC.
M.Sc. (Neuroscience) at NBRC is a two-year programme. During the first year, Masters Students at NBRC have to go through an intensive course-work which provides them a firm grounding in molecular, systems, computational and cognitive neuroscience. Practical courses are also included for a hands-on experience with various techniques which are used in modern neuroscience research.
In their second year, students select a lab to do a full time research project. You might be eligible to switch to the Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programme of NBRC after successfully completing the requirements for the M.Sc. programme.
All the students are provided a fellowship of ₹ 12,000 per month.
If you fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to our M.Sc. programme, you need to appear for Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences.
Selected candidates will be called for interview.
Entrance exam for M.Sc. Neuroscience at NBRC:
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS)
- M.Sc. programme candidates will be screened through JGEEBILS only.
- Candidates will be short-listed for a two-tier interview based on their performance in the JGEEBILS examination.
Fee for Online applicants
Fee for Offline applicants
” No application fee will be applicable for such JRF / LS candidates who have applied / are applying through JGEEBILS / JEST / GATE channels. However, they need to fill-in a separate application form to be considered in both the channels.
If you any queries regarding NBRC Admission 2021, you can ask your query leave comments below.
Official website: NBRC